instagram

Sunday 11 August 2013

family fun and a spot of baking................

I've had a lovely but busy weekend, Kate and Seb travelled up from London and now they have gone to a close friends wedding in Canada, so I have a special little visitor for the week. It's lovely to have the opportunity to spend time with Jake as we all miss him. Laura and Vicky only live a few miles away so I am lucky to be able to see my other five grandchildren at least once or twice a week. Jake has had great fun playing with his cousins and being thoroughly spoilt by his Grandparents and Great Nana and Great Grandma.

In between having a houseful of visitors and also visiting relatives I have spent a few hours in the kitchen doing a spot of baking. I managed to make a birthday cake for my mum and a birthday cake for my friend Barbara's grandson, as well as a spot of home baking for Mr R. I always have a list of recipes I want to try as blogland is full of inspiration and temptation.

The two recipes on the top of my list were a lime and coconut cake recipe shared by Ladybird Diaries and some yummy blueberry muffins shared by Beedeebabee. Both recipes are very straight forward and worked out well.

I love to see my cooling trays full of baking......................
Happy Birthday Mum...................
I hope Isaac had a lovely day...................
lime and coconut cake....................
this cake is so yummy.......................
I've never made blueberry muffins before these were really light and fluffy.................
and a few mini cupcakes for Jake..........................
Lots of my baking has been shared which is always nice and Mr R is happy with a well stocked cake tin.

It's now bath time and bedtime story time for Jake so I had better say goodbye.......................

talk soon x

10 comments:

  1. Your cakes look amazing, I would love to have someone make a cake like yours for my birthday. Your Mum and friends grandson will love them. I especially like the look of your lime and coconut and would love to get the recipe.

    Sally x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply gorgeous bakes ... the coconut lime cake looks delicious ... Bee xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your baking looks amazing, I quite fancy a blueberry muffin, yum.
    Clare x
    http://summerhousebythesea.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum yum yum yum yum yum yum........need I say more?
    I can feel the love that goes into these cakes and they look amazing. Have a great week with the little one. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So much yummy cake ... this post should carry a health warning ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh yummy, these look sooo good! Have a fun week with Jake,
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! All seems be delicious but maybe my favorite is the lime and coconut cake! Thanks for sharing! Now I'm your newest follower :D
    Happy week!
    Hugs and love from Portugal,

    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum, my mouth is watering just looking at all those cakes (even though I've just finished my late breakfast!) How lovely to have a week with your grandson X

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know you love a bit of baking so try this cake. It is fantastic. Jo x

    http://joeveryday19.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/courgette-cake-recipe.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, lots of mouthwatering delights Sue - my favourite is the blueberry muffins.
    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment.
I read them all and always try to get back to you x