instagram

Wednesday 11 September 2013

Yarn along - pretty beret............

Another week has flown by and it's time to join in with Ginny's yarn along and Christina's made by hand link up. I have another new book to share with you and it's beautiful. Kate is friends with the incredibly talented artist Mandy Sutcliffe who created Belle and Boo, Mandy has recently illustrated this lovely book "The Belle & Boo Book of Craft, the illustrations and projects are just perfect. I guarantee once you peep inside you will be tempted to make everything.





Kate being Kate bought me a copy of the book - such a kind generous daughter. As I flicked through the pages I was immediately drawn to a very cute "Pompom Beret" it has a lovely vintage charm and is teamed with a beautiful woollen coat. It reminded me of my daughters when they were small all wrapped up cosy ready to go out to play.


I happened to have a ball of Debbie Bliss Cashmerino in my yarn stash so needles at the ready I cast on 104 sts which quickly increased to 180. It's knitted on 2.75mm needles with 4ply yarn, so knits up very fine.

The beret has worked out beautifully I just need to find a little girl that it will fit, as in my haste to start knitting I had no one in mind to wear the finished hat. It would fit Jake or Noah but I don't think they would find a pompon beret very fetching.



Thank you for my lovely comments and taking the time to read my blog it means such a lot to me and if you have time do pop over and visit Ginny and the other yarn alongers.

talk soon x

38 comments:

  1. Hi Sue. What a darling beret! And book!!! Looks like you have been up to some nice crafting!!
    xo KRis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, what a delightful book, the projects look beautiful and I love the little beret, you've knitted. Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and I would recommend the book it's lovely x

      Delete
  3. That book looks wonderful. The beret is so pretty, I have some of the same color of Baby Cash and it's one of my favorites. You did a beautiful job with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love baby cashmerino it's so lovely to work with, glad you like the beret x

      Delete
  4. Aw it looks like a lovely book. Your beret is so cute! Love the little pom pom x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, Kate is *friends* with the creator of Belle & Boo? I'm so jealous! I adore B&B, I've been a fan for ages, and I bought the book as soon as it was released - isn't it just so charming? I want to make everything - and the beret you made is absolutely sweet! Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so pleased you have the book - hope you've made lots of lovely things x

      Delete
  6. Ooh la la! le beret est parfait. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your little hat is lovely, hope that you find someone to wear it! You will have to make a bigger one for yourself too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just had to smile to myself as not sure I'm quite a pompom beret person but I have got a little girl in mind for the small beret x

      Delete
  8. I was teased at school because we had to wear beret .. And I has never left me. HE was called Alexander and I can still see his face auguring at me in my beret...... At least I have forgotten his sure now... Phew!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh poor you - I will have to knit a beanie hat next, hope they don't hold bad memories x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the beret. I love the book too!

    Leanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Reminds me of the beret my mother knitted for me. It came with a knitted skirt and a kind of waistcoat top. My sister had the same outfit but in a different colour. I've not seen the book but have seen Belle and Boo in craft mags.
    S xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm ashamed to admit it but all we wanted was clothes from Ladybird which came from Woolworths. My mother was, and still is, very creative. She didn't work so made our home and us look good in homemade goodies. Wish I'd appreciated it at the time.
      S xx

      Delete
  12. looks like a wonderful book and what a super cute beret, I just love that colour.
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Clare - hope you are up and about today x

      Delete
  13. You've done a lovely job with the beret Sue and oh what a charming book!
    Joy x

    ReplyDelete
  14. what a book!!!!!! the beret is lovely, too!!!!!
    xxxxx Ale

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a gorgeous beret, I think I'll have to look that book up, looks like lots of lovely projects! J xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. How divine! What a perfect story book hat and pom pom. I love it! Will be keeping my eye out for this book now too. Thanks for the intro. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi, here by way of the Thursday Made by Hand hop....what a stunning blog!! I joined yours, won't you please stop by and join mine? I crochet and knit. I also have a Knitters Support and Some Crochet Too group, your so welcome to join, would love to have you! Sandy

    Thank you,
    www.sanderellas1.com
    Sanderella's Crochet Blog

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Sandy thank you for your lovely comments and for starting to follow my blog. I am going to pop over to see your blog now x

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a gorgeous book! I can understand why you were inspired to make the beret. I love how exciting it can be when looking at a gorgeous pattern book.

    Cheers,
    Lynda.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a gorgeous book, I'm going to have a further look into it as I think one small girl will love it. That hat is so gorgeous, well done for making such a beautiful hat, I absolutely love it!! Wishing you a very lovely week xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  21. The beret is gorgeous, I am so happy you love the book, I am very, very proud of it I think the publisher did an amazing job, if only I had time to make some of the projects! love Mandy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment.
I read them all and always try to get back to you x