instagram

Saturday 2 November 2013

Treacle Market.................

I enjoyed visiting the Treacle Market with Laura last weekend, although it wasn't the best weather as it was cold wet and blustery. We first heard about the market from a friend of Kate's who had highly recommended it. The market is held in Macclesfield on the last Sunday of the month. Macclesfield is known as Treacle Town which dates back to an incident centuries ago when a horse drawn waggon overturned, spilling it's cargo of treacle onto the cobbles.

The Treacle market was packed full of stalls selling lovely home produce, vegetables harvested that morning, amazing Artisan bread, succulent sausages and the most fabulous homemade pies. Laura and I were spoilt for choice. In addition to the fresh produce you could buy lots of different street food from burritos to wood fired pizza.

Local crafts people and designer makers had fabulous creations for sale. I also loved the vintage furniture and accessories - I was coveting some amazing crates and little suitcases - maybe next time.

I am planning to go again next month and with a bit of luck I will manage to see it all - I think I only managed to see about half the market last week.

If you are having a firework party this weekend I hope you have fun and the weather is dry - looking out of my window now it's raining very heavily, fingers crossed it will be dry tomorrow as we are having a little party.

keep well and talk soon x

32 comments:

  1. I really must get myself to Treacle Market one day, I just love seeing all the photos...glad you had a happy time! Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to visit this market someday, I've heard a lot about it lately. I'm glad you enjoyed yourselves there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto Jennifer - it looks an amazing market with lots of lovely things to buy and support local artisans and makers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree I love to support the local community x

      Delete
  4. Treacle Market....just love the name and it certainly looks like a worthwhile market to visit. Will have to tell my sister she loves a good market.

    Did you buy anything nice or are you waiting for your next visit?


    keep well

    Amanda :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to confess I mainly bought yummy things to eat x

      Delete
  5. It sounds like a wonderful market, and big if you only managed to see half of it. Fingers crossed for good weather for your party, have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had fun at the party and it stopped raining x

      Delete
  6. Looks like a really cool place to visit, glad you had a good time x

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is such a long way from us but looks totally wonderful. So glad you had such a wonderful time x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, it looks like there is so much on offer at this market. Lots to see and do! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm loving your pics Sue - what a huge affair it is! I appreciate knowing the reasoning behind the name too, thank you: I'm glad you and Laura enjoyed your time there. Have a great party! Joy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joy we had fun at the party and the weather was kind to us x

      Delete
  10. Looks great. I bet your fireworks were a bit windy! J x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not to windy and it stayed dry which was great x

      Delete
  11. ♥ what a market! Love it! :) Have a nice day! xxx Riitta

    ReplyDelete
  12. Seeing it is my local market, I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed it. Do let me know if youre going next month as we could meet for a quick hello if you're up for it. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds a lovely idea and don't forget your knitting lesson. If you drop me an email we could sort something out x

      Delete
  13. Wow this place looks amazing, keep hearing about it.
    Clare xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like a great market Sue, have a lovely week ahead,xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. That looks like a such a great place. What wonderful goodies in the photos. .... I love your hot water bottle cover in the post below. Now that's just adorable! xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, sounds like my ideal day out. Many thanks for visiting my blog today.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love hand made items...they are my favorite to buy for myself or for gifts. This market looks amazing! Have a wonderful week! Find some new treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Sue! Thank you for dropping by and leaving a nice comment in my blog. New people and visits never fail to make me happy.

    In my country, we call such market as bazaars and night market. The place usually showcases budding entrepreneurs who have the talent but is constrained by resources to fully support the business.

    Hope we could get to know each other better by following each other. You have a lovely blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment.
I read them all and always try to get back to you x