instagram

Thursday 21 August 2014

Hello..................

Just a quick post today but I will be back soon as I have lots to share with you. We recently had a lovely holiday in Anglesey with our three daughters, plus husbands and grandchildren. Such a big crowd in fact 14 in total. I had planned the holiday back in January and found two lovely cottages next door to each other on a fabulous farm, with lots of fun activities for the children and only a short drive from the beach. 



Unfortunately back in January I had no idea that my mum and mother in law would both be unwell. When we set off for our holiday my mum was beginning to recover from her hip replacement but still in quite a lot of pain, but my two sisters encouraged me to go as they planned to keep a close eye on my mum and dad. My mother in law was poorly but stable and was being well cared for. It still felt hard leaving them both but we were only a few hours away and able to telephone every day.

The holiday did us all a lot of good; it has been many years since we had a holiday with all of our children together. But sadly not very long after we arrived home my mother in law died unexpectedly. It has been a shock for us all but thankfully we were all home and able to spend time with her before she passed away.

Life feels strange at the moment, I feel quite numb but I'm busy with lots of things to organise, I've never helped plan a funeral before but luckily all of the family are involved. On Saturday I still ran a crochet workshop as it had been booked several months ago, I nearly cancelled as I wasn't sure I could manage but the four women who came were lovely and it really helped lift my spirits. I find keeping myself occupied is the best thing for me at the moment, but I am also feeling pretty tired and worn out.

Thank you for the lovely comments you leave on my posts I read and value everyone of them, I seem to have been apologising a lot recently for not being a very good blogger, sorry for not getting back to you all.

talk soon x


16 comments:

  1. Sue, sorry to hear about your loss, must have been a big shock. We visited Anglesey last October and are planning another trip, we loved it there. Moss our dog loved it more than us, the beaches are brilliant. Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh sorry to hear your news Sue, Life catches up with us all sometimes. Take it easy and take your time with things. People will understand, you can't be everything to everybody, there is you as well. Love to you Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry Sue, it must have been a real shock to you. I often think of you and you will of course still be in my thoughts even more now. I hope that your Mum is doing well and getting better? Take care of yourself and do what you need to do as and when. Love to you all. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Sue, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. Sometimes at times like this we just need to step off the world for a bit and let it all carry on around us.
    Look after yourself,
    Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry to read this Sue. I hope all the plans go well.
    Never apologise for not blogging, it's a hobby and shouldn't feel like work.
    Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. No apologies necessary. Life is always with us, thank God! I am sorry that your mother-in-law has gone on. I know it leaves a hole which will never be filled, but eventually will be crowded with wonderful memories and laughter will fill many dark places. Praying for a full recovery for you Mum. Take as much time as you need with your family. We will be here when you are ready.

    ReplyDelete
  7. so sorry for your loss Sue…
    Hugs for you and your husband, xxxxx Ale

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry to hear your sad news, sending good wishes to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry to hear about your sad news, and sudden too. Hope your mother gets better soon. Work is good, but please look after yourself.
    S xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so sorry to hear of your loss, it is never easy when someone you love passes. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm sorry to hear about your loss Sue and sending my sincerest thoughts to you, your husband and your family xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sorry for your loss Sue. Sending love to you and your family. Bee xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm sorry to hear your loss, it's such a shame when you lose someone. Glad that the girls helped lift your spirits though!

    Sending my thoughts to you and your family!

    X

    ReplyDelete
  14. So so sorry to hear that Sue, no wonder you feel numb. That limbo time as you wait for the funeral is so hard isn't it :-( Take care of yourself x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Sue I am so very sorry to hear of the loss. It is heartbreaking to lose a beloved close relative and the next weeks and months will be hard-you must treat yourself very kindly. The crochet blanket will hold many memories and bring you much comfort. I do hope your mum is feeling better and will soon be much stronger. Take care
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am so sorry to hear about your mother in law's passing. I am glad you have a loving family and I am sure you'll be all supporting each other. Sometimes feeling a bit numb helps to soothe the pain, for me at least this is the case. Thinking of you and your family.

    I am bit behind with reading blogs and I apologise for this late comment. Cx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment.
I read them all and always try to get back to you x