instagram

Saturday 13 September 2014

Autumn Workshop

I'm just planning another workshop, My theme is Autumn and I am busy collecting lots of lovely yarn in soft autumn hues. I want to make an "Autumnal Wreath" but my challenge is how much can be achieved in a 4 hour workshop. I have been researching lots of crochet blogs for ideas and inspiration and of course Lucy is famed for her crochet flower wreaths. Some wreaths are covered with yarn wrapped around them and some have a double crochet jacket. I much prefer the ones covered with a length of double crochet. They look so much more substantial, this method of course takes a lot longer. For a 25 cm ring using a 4 mm hook and 25 stitches you need to crochet a length of 75 cm as you can imagine I am busy making prototypes.

An important message to myself is "write everything down" I have a habit of making little patterns up and then forgetting how I made them. I made a teeny tiny crochet mouse to add to my wreath but have completely forgotten how I made it!

I have found some lovely beautiful free patterns for pumpkins and acorns, but if you use them please link back to the original source. Lovely pattern for a small pumpkin here and here and an amazing acorn pattern here.


My first ever covered wreath...............


Just a few little embellishments


Starting to pin into place



Starting another one !!!

Before I go back to my crochet wreath I must tell you some incredible news, I had quite a surprise yesterday I was looking at my blogger stats and couldn't believe that I had reached the amazing milestone of over 100,000 hits which is unbelievable. So a great big thank you to all the people that take the time to click onto my blog.

Hope you all have an amazing weekend xxx

12 comments:

  1. A lovely idea. Very inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a coincidence - I have been thinking I must crochet an autumn wreath. I agree - I prefer those with a crochet cover too. And I'm not good at writing down patterns either. Your embellishments are looking good. Look forward to seeing it complete
    Caz xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Caz I'm really having fun playing with different colours and textures x

      Delete
  3. I love your autumn wreath, you make me want to drop everything and get started on one. Congrats with the 100,000 hits, that is amazing.
    Have a great weekend,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Meredith I hope you get time for a little play x

      Delete
  4. That's so pretty Sue, there's lots of inspiration to be had out there isn't there ? I'm planning a little Autumn garland and have made an acorn today !
    Have a great week, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kate - a garland sounds a lovely idea. Hope you are having a good week too x

      Delete
  5. Sue, it is lovely! You chose all of the right colors to welcome Fall! I made my first crochet wreath in the Spring and had such fun with it. It was my intention to have one made for Fall too. But time has gotten away from me. I best get busy, eh?
    Hugs
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  6. Time has a habit of running away from us - I've been wanting to make one for years hopefully this year I will be able to hang one up x

    ReplyDelete
  7. So absolutely beautiful! I love that you don't cover up the whole wreath cover.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh gosh this is all very gorgeous! a truly splendid and inspired idea :) jenny xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment.
I read them all and always try to get back to you x