instagram

Monday 5 November 2012

lots to catch up with ............

Since my last post I have been on holiday, celebrated four family birthdays, the birth of my friends new grandchild and lastly most special of all I have seen my eldest daughter get married - where should I start!

Life has been so hectic but full of fun and special moments, I have taken lots of photos but just haven't had the time to share them with you and unfortunately my blog has been very neglected.

I have missed my slow living monthly update, my weekly yarn along and so much more - it's been hard not to have the time to catch up with all of my favourite bloggers but I am back today.

My holiday was lovely and I took advantage of the wonderful sunshine and did lots of relaxing, reading, watching the windsurfers and sailors and of course a little bit of crochet ................



We arrived back from holiday late on the 1st October which gave me less than 3 weeks to find my wedding outfit, finalise the wedding cake and practice cloud cookies.

After a marathon shop with two of my daughters I managed to buy my outfit  - a simple shift dress with matching jacket in a lovely shade of aubergine. Shoes and bag were sourced and mother of the bride was all set for the big day - I even found a hat to set everything off perfectly. Photos to come - once I have vetted them of course!

Then came the wedding cake, which was to be a simple lemon layer cake, with lemon curd and butter cream fillings.The challenge for me was that the cake had to be tall and was made of six layers, I was worried that it would topple over

baking six sponges all the same thickness was challenge number one - only 2 to go!
my new turn table was given its first outing ......
all six layers, with first crumb coat of icing - chilling
second layer of icing added  - all going well so far .....

I was very pleased with my trial run, I have never made such a gigantic cake  - we had so much to give away, family, friends, work colleagues even my hairdresser had some to taste.

Next came the cloud cookies .............

they needed to be very thin .....
first batch baked ..........
clouds everywhere ..............

Next job was the icing ..........  all worked out well but I seem to have lost the photo of the finished iced  clouds - they did look nice.

I was now on track for the special day feeling comfortable with my outfit, the cake trial was a success and my clouds were light and buttery!

I am going to do a special post all about the wedding -  it was such a lovely occasion, I am just waiting for the photographs.
                              

It's so nice to be back - talk soon x





1 comment:

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment.
I read them all and always try to get back to you x