instagram

Friday 23 November 2012

My creative space - hats for special little boys.

It's that time of year again when my special little grandson's need new hats. I put my scarf pattern away and started to look for nice snuggley warm hat patterns.

My favourite so far are slouchy hats knitted in stocking stitch, the edge rolls back to give such a trendy look. I have knitted a stripey one in aran, however, even though I used the specified yarn and knitting needles it has turned out quite big, not quite age 1-2 years ( I should have knitted a tension square!)

I then used some slightly finer yarn and went down a needle size and this seems to have worked out better.


As I have five grandsons I am sure I will find two little boys that they will fit, just a few more to knit though.

Hope you head over to see Kirsty on my creative space - it's definitely worth a look this week.

talk soon x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment.
I read them all and always try to get back to you x