instagram

Thursday 20 December 2012

my creative space - Christmas baking.........

My creative space post this week is all about Christmas cooking. I have got Noah and Zachy for the day and I had promised Zachy that we could do some baking together when Noah had his morning nap.

I decided to do some Christmas day pre-preparation and make a few things that would freeze well. My husband is a vegetarian so he always has a festive nut roast for his Christmas lunch and it freezes really nicely, the flavour stays good.
nut roast cooling .................. smells lovely
I also love to have some Christmas morning muffins in the freezer I have already made a batch for the freezer but most of them have been eaten. The recipe is one of Nigella's and it's very easy and yummy, they are great on Christmas morning with a glass of bucks fizz.
oh how I would love to be a domestic goddess ..............

ingredients for the muffins all ready .....................  

wish you could smell the spices ...............
Lastly I decided to make a date and walnut cake, it's sort of an adaption of a cake I used to make which had a fudge and walnut topping. But today I wanted a simple less sweet cake that could be sliced like a malt loaf and even buttered,  so I cooked it in a loaf tin and left off the topping.

date and walnut loaf .................
All the baking turned out well and the boys have been little stars, I am just about to bath them and tuck them up for the night. Lets hope they sleep in as Noah has a habit of waking at 5am.

I have managed to keep up with "my advent post a day" - only 5 more sleeps before Christmas.

Talk soon x






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment.
I read them all and always try to get back to you x