instagram

Wednesday 19 December 2012

Yarn along - Snood and Lillian's Story

I am busy knitting a snood for Kate, it's one of a few last minute knits that need finishing before Christmas. I am using a soft snuggley angora and wool mix which is lovely to knit with, it's worked on quite big needles so is knitting up quickly but I am finding it hard to put my kindle down.

I never thought I would enjoy reading on a kindle but I am quite hooked and it's so light weight, it makes carrying your current book around so easy. I've also found that lots of books can be downloaded free of charge from Amazon which is an added bonus.

The book I am currently reading is Lillian's Story, one woman's journey through the 20th century by Sally Elizabeth Gardner. Lillian was born  in Suffolk in 1900, she went to work in service at the age of 12, she lives through two world wars, the Great Depression, the austerity years, President Kennedy's assassination, and so much more. It's a real heartbreaking saga but with humour too, she shares her experiences of war, marriage, love, children, death and heart break.

Time to nip over to Ginny's to see what everyone else is up to.

Talk soon x

1 comment:

  1. looks so cosy and soft :)... I love knitting on big needles!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment.
I read them all and always try to get back to you x