instagram

Thursday 31 January 2013

lets get wrapped up warm and go out for a walk ............

My dad is recovering well from his hip replacement but unfortunately due to the snow and bitter cold weather he hasn't really been up to going out. On Tuesday it was dry and not quite as cold so I picked my mum and dad up and we drove to Marple Bridge for a little wander and then some lunch.


The day was quite grey and dreary but we enjoyed our short walk. The melted snow had raised the water level in the river which runs through the village. As we walked down the hill into the village for lunch we could see the river running fast and furious under the bridge.

Some of the local stores were selling bulbs and spring flowers which added a rich splash of welcome colour to the small shop fronts. Also gave me some inspiration for a lovely bright crochet ripple blanket - sounds like another project!


talk soon x


1 comment:

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment.
I read them all and always try to get back to you x