instagram

Friday 4 January 2013

New Year catch up ............

Happy New Year -  I hope 2013 is going to be a fab creative year for everyone. I've had a lovely family Christmas and New Year. It has been mainly spent at home, although I did go out for lunch on New Year's Day which was a real treat.  I love cooking and entertaining but I had got somewhat exhausted and it was really nice to be cooked for.

I have been tempted to write a list of all the projects I want to do this year. Which would include knitting, sewing, crochet, and also some new crafts but after all my Christmas lists I have decided to save that job for another day.

I often have a basket of half done projects but I have been quite good this year and apart from a bag of granny squares waiting for some inspiration and another bag of crochet flowers (went a bit crochet flower crazy) the only big outstanding project on the go was my crochet blanket. I have had the luxury over the last few days of sitting, relaxing and catching up with my crochet hook and have finished my blanket, it's not quite as big as I planned but I am very pleased with it.

The finished blanket measures 116 cms by 130 cms and completely covers my dining room table.


I used 23 balls of Debbie Bliss Amalfi which is 2300 metres of yarn, equivalent to 1.42 miles wow that's a lot of yarn.

Blankets seems to be a common theme at the moment Lucy from attic 24  has finished her beautiful ripple blanket, Kirsten from Cozy Things has finished her colour block blanket, and Jules from little woolie is still happy hooking her blanket.

I have got quite a lot of Amalfi yarn left so my plan is to make some small granny squares and then crochet them together to make a couple of cushions to match my blanket. I have already made a few squares but feel tempted to start some knitting, and now that my crochet blanket is finished it feels ok to start my new knitted blanket project.

I'm off to pick up my knitting, although not quite used to the circular needle yet

talk soon x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment.
I read them all and always try to get back to you x