instagram

Thursday 7 March 2013

my creative space - chocolate muffins.

My creative space post this week is all about the chocolate muffin. Alex my grandson, adores  muffins, he recently set me a challenge of making him the perfect chocolate chip muffin.

I looked through lots of recipe books but finally settled on a recipe that my daughter Laura had used and was really pleased with. It was very easy and seemed to work well - although I didn't put quite enough mixture into the muffin cases. The recipe was for 20 big muffins and I decided that smaller muffins would work better for the children. I made 12 medium and 18 small from the mixture which was stretching it a bit, next time I will reduce the number and fill the cases 3/4 full.

The real test was the taste test, Alex, Finn and Daisy arrived home from school and nursery - hungry as usual. The table was set and the challenge began.........................


Three smiley happy faces - I think the muffins received the thumbs up.

Hope you get time to visit Kirsty for some more creative goings on...............

talk soon x

Thank you for taking the time to follow me and liking my sweetpea facebook page  - also a big thank you for the lovely comments you send me I love reading them all xxx

7 comments:

  1. Yum chocolate muffins! They look great. Love the look of the grey scarf you are knitting below too.
    M xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely comments and for following my blog x

      Delete
  2. Hi Sue! Thank you for taking the time to pop by my blog!

    I am your newest follower :) I love chocolate muffins, but my waistline doesn't! Lovely to see all those kiddies enjoying their treats :) Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for stopping by and becoming my newest follower - and yes we all had fun with our tea time treats x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please can you send me one through the post??? ;-)
    Carly
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love chocolate muffins and judging by their faces, those happy looking children do to.

    Gillian x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment.
I read them all and always try to get back to you x