instagram

Thursday, 17 October 2013

yarn along - cosy knits.........................

I hope you are all well and enjoying the change in season even though the temperatures are really dropping, today has been a lovely dry and bright autumnal day. I forgot to say in my last post that my lap top is better which is such a relief, so fingers crossed it keeps going for a good while now. I am trying to get back in step but I'm still a little late joining in with Ginny and Chrissie. This week I have started to knit some warm and cosy hats with matching scarfletts, hope you like them.


I am reading another Jo Nesbo novel "Police" I thought the last one I read was the last in the series but I am so thrilled that another has recently hit the book shelves. My friend Barbara is also a big fan and has kindly loaned me the latest one. I have only just started reading it but already I am finding it hard to put down - I love the detective Harry Hole but I'm not sure why as he isn't a very like able character. If you have time and you like crime thrillers Norwegian author Jo Nesbo novels are such a good read, over twenty million books have been sold worldwide and he has received over a dozen Nordic prizes and nominations for crime writing.

Thank you for stopping by and your supportive comments have been lovely I appreciate them such a lot.

talk soon x


19 comments:

  1. Lovely to see that knitting is very trendy at the moment. With the price of fuel going up i think we'll all need some nice warm knitwear like yours. to keep us warm.....xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Warm blankets are going to become essential!

      Delete
  2. The hats look great! I'm a sucker for striped SS knitting ;) I'll have to have a look into this crime series, as I've been stuck for want of something to read for a while. Thanks for sharing Sue! Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very smart and striking projects on the go Sue; looking forward to seeing them finished.
    Joy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those stripes. Your knitting looks so fine and neat. I haven't read books by that author but I'm seeing them everywhere lately so I might give one a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jennifer hope you enjoy the books x

      Delete
  5. The stripes are good, I LOVE a GOOD detective story. Must be my childhood reading Agatha Christie. I am reading Elizabeth George's Inspector Lyndley at this very moment

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the knitting , it looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I love what I see...I am such a fan of stripes :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for hopping by, your stripes are so funny! It will be nice to see the progress! Happy weekend to you and your family from Germany! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love stripes. Happy knitting and reading. Regula

    ReplyDelete
  10. The stripes are beautiful. I'm not advanced enough to do stripes. I will definitely check out those books. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment.
I read them all and always try to get back to you x