This week I have finished a project that's been on the go for ages. I have been trying to cover an electrical flex, I experimented with an icord, which didn't work, then I wondered if french knitting would work - it didn't, finally I knitted a narrow strip the length of the flex and then sewed it together around the flex, if that makes sense.
The flex has a plug on one end and a light fitting on the other. My daughter Kate had seen something similar in an interior design magazine, I always like a challenge. The lamp can be plugged in and then the long flex can be hung from a hook in the ceiling or the wall so that the light hangs like a pedant lamp (I hope). When it's in position I will post a photo.
The book I am reading this week is Lorraine Pascale's new cookery book, I have been watching her cookery programme on Monday night's and have really enjoyed it.
So I decided to treat myself to the book, it arrived over the weekend and I haven't been able to put it down, I want to make so many things.
catch up next week x