instagram

Thursday 8 November 2012

My creative space - I love wrist warmers........

It feels good to catch up with  Kirsty on my creative space. I love popping over to view every ones creations and I am always inspired.

I have finished my snood and seem to have a lot of knitting time on my hands now that the evenings are drawing in. Which is as good an excuse as any to snuggle on the sofa with a cup of coffee, knitting needles and yarn at the ready, a good TV programme on, what more do you need for a great night in.

I seem to have gone a bit mad on knitting wrist/ hand warmers. I think they are so useful and quick and easy to make. I started off with a green pair using some extra fine merino wool from my stash, and followed a lacy pattern which I had found in a sublime knitting pattern book. They were lovely to make but took a while as the pattern had quite a few rows to it - so not something you could easily do whilst watching TV.


Then I had an experiment with some soft chunky wool and did my own thing using garter stitch, the third pair I experimented with a rib stitch - I think the rib ones are my favourite and so easy.

I think a few people will be getting wrist warmers for Christmas as I am itching to start another pair and a girl only needs so many pairs even if they can be colour coordinated to any outfit!


Catch up soon

Sue x

3 comments:

  1. Love these, especially the green ones. Great Christmas present ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the wrist warmer collection :)
    Can I ask what pattern you used for the ones bottom row right - feather and fan pattern I think.....
    I'm a new follower and enjoying your blog very much.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment.
I read them all and always try to get back to you x