instagram

Saturday 12 January 2013

blankets, blankets, glorious blankets ...........

I have started another blanket it's a patchwork blanket made up of hexagons. The pattern has been written by Erika Knight and the recommended wool is Amy Butlers Sweet Harmony produced by Rowan. I bought some of the wool from John Lewis last week in the sale, it's lovely to knit with, although I am finding knitting with 10mm needles quite tricky. It feels quite strange jumping from knitting a blanket with a 4mm circular needle to such chunky needles.


The hexagons are knitted in four different stitches. I've knitted one in moss stitch, bobble stitch and rib so far and the fourth which I have yet to start is knitted in cable. I haven't got a chunky cable needle so I am looking at adapting a dpn  if I can find one thick enough.


I love the colours and textures of the patchwork hexagons I can't wait to see them all stitched together, although I have a long way to go before I reach that stage.

I have been reading quite a few new blogs over the last few days and feel that I am in a club with like minded women who all get excited about yarn and love making crochet and knitted blankets - it feels so good to be amongst friends who understand.


Talk soon- hopefully with more photo's x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment.
I read them all and always try to get back to you x