instagram

Sunday 13 January 2013

I love Sundays - especially quiet ones at home.


A quiet Sunday at home, I have had a busy week and feel so ready for a rest day. I've spent a lovely morning pottering in the kitchen, didn't feel like food shopping so I have had the challenge of cooking a meal from very few fresh ingredients.

I managed to make a tasty sausage casserole using carrots, onions, celery, tomato, cannellini beans and  veggie sausages I had in the freezer, all topped with sliced potatoes.

Then I made some muesli flapjack which is a recipe from my new Mary Berry cookery book, also from the same book I made a cherry and apricot fruit loaf, although I didn't have any apricots in my store cupboard so added chopped dates and raisins instead.

They are all cooling at the moment and smell yummy.


So with dinner sorted and baking for lunch boxes made I am now sitting down with my knitting. Not long to wait and then I can watch Manchester City on the television, it's a big game today which we really need to win - keep your fingers crossed.

Talk soon x



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment.
I read them all and always try to get back to you x