instagram

Friday 8 February 2013

friends for supper...........


After a busy day of chores, food shopping, visiting poorly relatives and keeping grandchildren amused I had a lovely chilled out evening.  I made a simple supper for two of my girl friends, it was the sort of evening where you could kick off your shoes (not sure I had even brushed my hair since breakfast) eat lots of food, chat and laugh none stop - what bliss.

We reminisced about our holiday in Croatia last year - it was such fun, and I am so excited because we have booked to go to the Algarve in May. I just can't wait - although sadly it will only be two of us this year as Eliz can't make it.

such a lovely holiday..................


I didn't tidy up before going up to bed last night and Mr R got in late so everything got left. This morning I am just pottering in my dressing gown, doing chores, listening to the radio and feeling very chilled. I have no plans of visiting, shopping or anything that involves moving out of the house until this evening. I think this is my first home alone day for a while - feels so quiet with no little ones around. 

I’m just about to arrange some beautiful flowers that Barbara gave me last night; she had also bought me a craft magazine which at the moment I can't give any eye contact. I can’t risk being distracted but my reward is that when the house is spick and span, I can sit down with magazine, crochet hook ( plus yarn of course) mug of coffee and any left offers that I fancy from last night.

such beautiful colours..................

My flowers are amazing  - such a riot of vibrant colours, it feels like the sun has come indoors to join me  (thank you Barbara and Pat)

Hope you all have a wonderful day.

talk soon x




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment.
I read them all and always try to get back to you x