instagram

Wednesday 24 July 2013

yarn along - hexi blanket........................

I am joining in with Ginny for this weeks yarn along, as usual I can't wait to see what everyone is up to as I always find lots of ideas to inspire me. Earlier this week I started to crochet a small hexagon and loved it, one quickly became two but then I just carried on hooking round and round, I began to wonder what a large hexagon blanket would look like. I'm not sure how the finished result will drape, also not sure how big to make it but for now I am busy hooking and having fun. I am using yarn from my stash, the Debbie Bliss Bella  which I bought a few weeks ago. It is a dream to crochet with, so smooth it glides on your hook just perfect to work with and reading wise I have a new book on the go.


The novel was recommended by my daughter Kate 'The Seamstress' she adored it. It is a debut novel written by Maria Duena, set in Madrid in the 1930s. The story is told from the perspective of Sira Quiroga, a talented seamstress who is engaged to Ignacio, a reliable and dependable young man. As Sira prepares for her wedding, she feels that her life lacks excitement and when she meets Ramiro Arribas, a handsome, charming, older man, she is ready to fall in love. I will stop now as I don't want to spoil the story for you although I haven't read very much yet and being honest I am finding it a little bit slow to get into but Kate warned me and said it's so worth persevering with.

Before you go I hope you will pop over and have a quick look at Ginny's yarn along  here

talk soon x

(quick thought has anyone made a big granny crochet hexagon blanket - would love to know how you got on with it)

25 comments:

  1. Your very large hexie is looking lovely, it will make a great small round table cover or you could square it off with a border later. I love working with Debbie Bliss, is a completely different class of wool and just love how easy it is to work with. The book sounds wonderful. Enjoy working this hexie xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your idea of a big hexagon blanket!! Maybe I will try it someday (lots of yarn in the stash...).
    As long as you keep increasing in the corners it'll turn out right isn't it?
    And I love Debbie Bliss, such great yarn! Very soft and easy to work with.

    Cheers!
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  3. The blanket is lovely, Sue. The colors are rich and welcoming. It's going to be really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am very pleased with how the colours work together x

      Delete
  4. Your blanket looks great! I usually crochet granny squares but will have to try a hexi next time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, and don't forget to share a photo if you do x

      Delete
  5. Your hexi is looking lovely Sue - keep going!
    Joy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joy I am happily going round and round x

      Delete
  6. I love the colours of your blanket.
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. OOooooOOOOOOoooooo I love that blanket!!!! Friday night I have a girls night with my mom and she's teaching me that stitch and how to make little coasters like the one you have pictured here... I can't wait, I get so giddy over crochet!
    Your work is great!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the little crochet hexie, and the big hexie blanket is looking great too .....such a gorgeous colour combination. The yarn sounds lovely to use, Sue.
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Blanket looks wonderful.have never made one into a blanket but I think it will look interesting shape... Beautiful colors. I love Debbie Bliss' yarn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really enjoying my Debbie Bliss it's a special treat x

      Delete
  10. Your blanket is great!! I am thinking of starting my own blanket very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Summer romance books! Ahhh, happy reading. Love your hexie!

    ReplyDelete
  12. that blanket is looking so lovely!!! yay!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the colors in your hexagon!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your blanket, it's REALLY PRETTY. Nice and cozy colors :P

    ReplyDelete
  15. The blanket looks lovely, Sue! How large is it going to be? I'm curious how it will look when you've spread it.
    Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment.
I read them all and always try to get back to you x