instagram

Thursday 17 January 2013

my creative space ................ play tent

At last I have got my sewing machine out and I have started to make the cover for a wooden play tent we are making for Jake. This has been an ongoing project for months and sort of got put on hold when we realised that the wooden frame for the tent wouldn't fit into the car, so would make it difficult to transport to London.

We have now decided that we will take the frame apart and transport it in pieces and reassemble in London - not rocket science when we put our minds to coming up with a solution. I cut the fabric to size today and I have hemmed the two long edges, we will staple it to the frame when it's reassembled.

frame, fabric and sewing .....................hope it all goes to plan.


I will photograph the finished result when it has pride of place in Jake's bedroom. I had quite a lot of fabric over which I will take with me and hopefully Kate and I can make a couple of cushions to go inside the tent.

hope you have time to visit Kirsty over at my creative space.

talk soon x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment.
I read them all and always try to get back to you x