instagram

Monday 21 January 2013

my first ever sock ..........

I have to say the title is somewhat of an exaggeration as currently I have only managed part of a sock not the finished item by any means. I have wanted to learn how to knit socks for a long time and it seems to be a popular knitters goal as it features on many must do or wish lists. 

My friend Pam has been promising me a sock tutorial for ages - I lead such an exciting life! So last Friday my sock day arrived I was very excited much to my daughters dismay - so poised with my borrowed DPN needles away I went. It was slow going as I really have trouble mastering the art of knitting with 4 needles but Pam was patient and before long my sock was growing and I did begin to get the hang of it. I know that I am still on the easy bit and much more telling tasks have yet to follow, like heel and toe shaping.


 I am a little worried that if I do manage to make a sock I will become one of the people that get "second sock syndrome" and never manage to complete the second sock!

I will keep you posted on my progress.

talk soon x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment.
I read them all and always try to get back to you x